The two most commonly used methods to clean the sewer line are Hydro jetting and snaking. They are widely used by all drain and sewer cleaning companies even here in the Las Vegas valley and Henderson areas. Therefore, understanding the difference between the two drain cleaning methods can aid the homeowner in picking the right method to clean their sewer line.
The Drain Hydro Jetting method
Drain Hydro jetting uses water, which is then forced through the sewer line. The pressure of the water is extremely high, clearing out all the debris, clogs, grease and other leftovers on its way through the pipe. The biggest advantages of this methods are:
1. The high water pressure is extremely effective for unclogging sewers and even removing tree roots from the pipe
2. The high water pressure method can be used to clean both residential and commercial drain lines, providing flexibility and convenience
On the other hand, the single biggest disadvantage of the hydro jetting is:
1. Hydro jetting can sometimes cause damage to the drain pipes, due to the high water pressure used by this method. Old and already damaged pipes are not a good candidate for this type of drain cleaning. Therefore, an initial sewer line inspection is necessary to clear this method for its use.
The Drain Snaking method
The main difference between hydro jetting and snaking is in the tool used. Instead of water, the drain snaking method uses an auger. An auger is a long steel cable which has a cork screw like coil at the end. With the auger, the sewer line gets cleaned by that exact coil at the end of the auger, which cuts and removes all obstructions and blockages on its way through the pipe.
The biggest advantages of this methods are:
1. Drain snaking has been tested for many years, proving that this method works every time for removing clogs and blockages from sewer drains
2. Another benefit is the fact that unlike Drain Hydro Jetting, this method can be used even on old and fragile pipes. Since this method doesn’t apply strong force on the pipe itself, it is safe to be used on any drain and sewer pipes and lines.
Probably the biggest disadvantage of drain snaking is:
1. The fact that drain snaking provides cleaning to the sewer line that is only as wide as the tip of the auger. Hence, this drain cleaning method can only help remove small clogs and blocks in slower sewer drains. This method cannon fix big problems that require the removal of major drain and sewer blockages, or the removal of invasive tree roots.
Our suggestion on picking out the right method
If you are unsure which drain cleaning method would work best for your sewer line don’t worry! Both methods are good and will deliver good results. However, if you want to be sure always call a professional drain and sewer cleaning company for advice. The team at Drain Bears specializes in drain and sewer cleaning, utilizing both methods in Las Vegas, Henderson, and Boulder City. We will be happy to answer all of your questions! Call us for more information at (702) 747-8007 or visit our site at www.DrainBears.com.